Half Day: 3 hours or less Transportation is not included and can be arranged upon request
Siena walking tour (2-3 hrs): Tour of the historical medieval centre with a local guide. Sightseeing the main sites in the city, also discovering authentic less known corners. Visit the shell shaped Piazza del Campo, heart of the civic life of the ancient Republic and where the famous horse race Palio takes place twice a year. Learn about the 17 Contradas (districts into which Siena is divided) and marvel at the rich Gothic architecture of the magnificent Duomo.
- This tour may include the visit of the Duomo Cathedral or the Civic Museum (tickets entrances not included).
Siena for kids (2hrs): Visit the historical medieval center with a local guide in a fun and engaging way! This tour is perfect for families and kids. Walk to the main city highlights and find clues to discover the hidden alleys, local traditions and stories about the city, its neighborhoods and animal- symbols for the famous Palio race.
Siena Palio tour (2 hrs): Learn about the famous horse race with a local guide. Discover the 17 neighborhoods or “Contradas” into which Siena is divided and their fascinating traditions. This tour includes the visit of a Contrada’s museum where the most meaningful documents and memories of the local community’s daily life are conserved.
- Advance booking for the Contrada museum needed, entrance tickets not included.
Siena Palio special walking tours on Palio’s days (June 29th-July 2nd; and August 13th- 16th): Learn about this extraordinary tradition with a local guide. Partecipate to some activities
connected to the oldest horce race in the world: the “tratta” or assignment of the horses, the horce blessing, the race trials and the historic parade.
San Gimignano walking tour (2-3 hrs): Visit the historical medieval centre of this fascinating ancient city with a local guide. Discover the Duomo, totally painted with spectacular frescos by sienise and florentine artists. Learn about the towers that made San Gimignano a World Heritage Site, local traditions, and typical products like the “Vernaccia” white wine and saffron.
- Tickets entrances not included.
Chianti; Castellina and Radda (3hrs): Visit the beautiful and rustic Chianti area with its little
fortified medieval villages and learn about the production of the famous Chianti wine.
Guide: Half day (max. 3hrs) €150, Full day (max. 6hrs) €300
Palio’s days (June 29-July 2 and 13-16 August): Half day (max.3hrs) €170, Full day (max. 6hrs) €320
Full Day: 6 hours with guide & driver
San Gimignano and Siena with lunch in town.
A full immersion in the history and art of our medieval jewels: discover the Gothic style of Siena’s architecture and its charming Palio, the traditional horse race. Have a light lunch in town with local food and then move to discover San Gimignano, the famous ancient city featured by a characteristic skyline of old towers belonged to noble families.
- Lunch will be an extra cost (€25-35).
- Entrance tickets are not included.San Gimignano and Colle Val D’Elsa with lunch at a local winery producing VernacciaDiscover the ancient medieval city of San Gimignano, declared World Heritage Site by the UNESCO. Enjoy the visit & lunch at a local farm producing “Vernaccia” wine and typical products and then move to the less known Colle Val D’Elsa, a small and quaint town, famous for crystal local production and glass etching decoration. Here have a demonstration of crystal’s craftsmanship in the workshop of a local artisan.
- Artisan’s demostration included.
- Lunch & winetasting will be an extra cost (€25-35).Val D’Orcia: Montepulciano and Pienza with lunch in town or at a local winery.Discover with a local guide the enchanting rolling hills of the Val d’Orcia and its Renaissance jewels, Montepulciano and Pienza. Visit the delightful hilltown of Montepulciano. Learn about the history of this area strongly connected with the life of Pius II, the most important Pope born in Siena. Hear about the production of our delicious “pecorino” cheese and stop for lunch in town or at a “Nobile di Montepulciano winery” to learn about and taste the famous local wine.
Lunch & winetasting will be an extra cost (€25-35).
Guide: Full day (max. 6hrs) €300
Palio’s days (June 29-July 2 and 13-16 August): Half day €170, Full day €320
Driver: Full day €300-400 depending on the itinerary (pick up & drop off at your lodging with a professional licensed driver, max. 8hrs; extra hours €55 per hour)
- Lunch & winetasting will be an extra cost (€25-35)
- Entrance fees are not included
Open to joiners option
All tours are private but can be made “open to joiners” upon your request: if other guests at your hotel wish to join your tour you can share the costs. Please let us know if you are open to this option.